“I trust myself, I trust life. Everything is unfolding in perfect timing.”
This is my mantra. It resonates so deeply within me. When I say it (and I say it daily) it reassures & motivates me. Who’d have thought just repeating these simple words could have such a powerful effect, but that’s the beauty of a mantra.
What is a Mantra?
A personal mantra is a positive phrase or affirmative statement that you say to yourself for the purpose of motivation and encouragement. The words you choose have the power to alter your mood as well as your mindset.
Truth is, I only discovered my personal mantra recently.
I’ve always loved affirmations and can read and repeat them till cows the come home, but hadn’t happened upon a statement that spoke so truthfully to who I am & where I am in my life right now.
Thankfully that changed at the Mind, Body & Spirit Festival in Birmingham last month, when I got to meet with Mantra Jewellery.
Who are Mantra Jewellery?
Mantra is an award-winning jewellery brand creating beautifully precious & personal jewellery built around a mantra. Each piece has the intention of bringing joy & inspiration to the wearer daily.
They weren’t a new discovery for me, Mantra has popped up in my IG feed a number of times and I was always attracted. This was a good opportunity for me to see the jewellery in person (& just maybe treat myself to one of my own).
I met Jo, the founder. She explained how they create a mantra first & then build a beautiful piece of jewellery around it. This ensures the jewellery embodies the mantra it was created for. I loved the jewellery & was very tempted. But to be honest, I struggled to pinpoint the mantra I resonated with the most & I left the stand empty-handed.
Did you hear the one about a psychic & a mantra?…
At the Festival I’d signed up to a few workshops. On learning my session of ‘laughter yoga’ had been cancelled (not funny, right!) I chose to have my 1st ever psychic reading instead.
It’s a long story so I’ll just deliver the headline… the psychic recited a mantra. Not just any mantra, but a mantra from a necklace I had just hovered over & felt a spark of connection with at the Mantra stand. Whether you believe in this ‘psychic’ thing or not – I found this a little freaky.
Now the psychic lady had said this, my connection to the mantra felt like less of a spark and more of a flame. I felt the universe was communicating with me helping me choose a mantra. And believe you me, I’m always open to receiving messages from the universe in whatever form it wishes to send them.
Regardless of whether this may sound silly to some (my husband included), I knew this was exactly what I needed to hear, in the exact moment I needed to hear it. More than any other mantra I’ve ever heard, this was what I connected with. I knew then which necklace was for me.
My ‘Trust’ necklace & connecting with my mantra…
I bought the 925 Sterling Silver bar necklace with the word ‘Trust’ engraved on it. The accompanying mantra card displayed the words I started the post with. Aside from how much I love the look of my necklace – I more than anything love the connection to my purpose it provides.
Several times each day, especially when I’m working, I take a moment, touch my necklace, take a few mindful breaths & repeat the word ‘trust’ (or my whole mantra if necessary). It refills me with positive energy & reaffirms my belief in the path I’m on. Sounds good right?!
How to choose a mantra…
Like I’ve said, it took me a while to find mine. If you don’t already have yours, I would suggest a sensible step to choose a mantra is simply reading some.
Mantra Jewellery has a wealth of great mantras to browse through – see if one in particular strikes you. And if you do connect with one, why not heighten it by treating yourself to the accompanying jewellery? I can speak through personal experience of the quality & uplifting nature of Mantra’s pieces.
Alternatively, if like me you’re unable to pinpoint a specific mantra then think about what’s going on in your life right now. Reflect upon the type of words or statements you could benefit from hearing. Is there a passage from a book you’ve read or a quote you’ve heard? Your mantra can come from anywhere, as long as thinking it makes you happy.
And you don’t need to be exclusive to just one mantra either. Life isn’t static so why should your mantra be?
Did you know? I write & post mantras every Monday morning on my social channels using the #MondayMantra? Let me help you get your week off to a good start by following @livingprettyhappy (@liveprettyhappy on Twitter)
How do you know you’ve chosen a good mantra?
Quite simply, because it feels good to you. And when you’ve found one that feels good, use it. Repeat it daily and let it fill your life with all the positive emotions.
This post & following giveaway is a promotion in association with Mantra Jewellery. I purchased my own necklace & all words contained are an honest account & opinion.
Want to win your own Necklace from Mantra Jewellery?
It’s connection month on Living.Pretty.Happy & the wonderful team at Mantra Jewellery are kindly offering one reader the chance to win their own Love Mandala Necklace.
The beautiful 18ct gold-plated necklace was created from the mantra ‘I feel loved and connected’ – what a perfect way to connect with the depth of love within our lives or to make someone we cherish feel very loved with this extra-special, meaningful gift.
The mandala design symbolises harmony and unity. Little hearts are weaved around the central lotus symbol showing the love that connects us all. You can find out more about this necklace here.
3 simple ways for you to enter:
This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to all who entered.
– Instagram –
- Follow @livingprettyhappy and @mantrajewelleryuk
- Like & comment on the giveaway post telling us who you’d like to let know they are loved this Christmas.
– Twitter –
– Facebook –
- Visit the Living.Pretty.Happy homepage and like the competition post.
- If you’d like to give the Living.Pretty.Happy and/or the Mantra Jewellery page a like or follow please do! It’s not mandatory, but you will make our day!
- Also, feel free to share the competition post! Again it’s not mandatory but a great way to share the love with your FB friends & family!
One entry per platform per person is allowed.
If you enter on all 3 platforms, you’re in with 3 chances of winning!
Entry closes at 6PM (UK) Friday 13th December 2019.
One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries received.
For full terms and conditions see below and good luck!
Giveaway – Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except for anyone connected with livingprettyhappy.com.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person per social platform. A maximum of 3 entries (that meet the acceptance criteria) will be accepted per person (maximum 1 entry on Twitter, maximum 1 entry on Facebook, maximum 1 entry on Instagram) anyone attempting to enter multiple times on the same social platform will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 6PM (UK) Friday 13th December 2019. After this date & time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: For Twitter entry, follow @liveprettyhappy, like and Retweet the competition tweet. For Facebook entry, like the competition post. For Instagram entry, follow @livingprettyhappy & @mantrajewelleryuk, like & comment on the competition post telling us who you’d like to let know they are loved this Christmas. (See links above)
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts on the same social platform to enter will be ineligible.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: 1 x Mantra Jewellery 18-ct Gold-Plated Love Mandala Necklace.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over
- The winner will be solely responsible for any additional costs or expenses incurred.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com cannot be held responsible for any cancellation, substitutions or delays
- One winner will be chosen at random from all entries received.
- The winner will be notified via DM on the social platform on which they entered – within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Mantra Jewellery will send the prize to an address requested by the winner, within the UK only. The winner’s address will need to be disclosed to Mantra Jewellery. DELIVERY IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS IS NOT GUARANTEED.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name (or handle) in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by contacting email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to http://www.livingprettyhappy.com and not to any other party.
- People who already follow @liveprettyhappy on Twitter, @livingprettyhappy on Facebook and @livingprettyhappy & @mantrajewelleryuk on Instagram are still eligible to enter but must complete the other entry requirements – as outlined above – in order for their entry to be accepted.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- http://www.livingprettyhappy.com also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.