For anyone who has ever received a piece of jewellery from a loved one, be it a family heirloom, engagement ring (or maybe even one half of a ‘BFF’ heart pendant) knows it holds a significance far more meaningful than it’s actual financial worth.
Jewellery can tell a story and holds the power to become a statement of who we are & what we hold dear.
Yes, jewellery, when it has meaning, is something to treasure indeed.
Which is why I took time to consider (and had much fun deciding) which beautiful charms to pick from the Hersey & Son pendant collection*. I wanted to build the most meaningful necklace possible.
How does Hersey & Son allow you to create jewellery with meaning?
With a range of attractive charm options, it’s really simple to build a meaningful, one-of-a-kind necklace.
Choose from Hersey & Son’s new Zodiac charms, Birthstone charms (with cabochon gemstones), Initial charms, Number charms and Lockets. Pick one or a collection of them to create something very personal and beautiful which you or someone special, will be able to treasure for years to come.
You also have the option to further personalise through engraving on their Zodiac charms & lockets. An extra-special touch!
My thoughts on my Hersey & Son necklace…
I was kindly invited to pick from their new collection of Zodiac charms*. As well as being able to select a Birthstone & Initial charm necklace. I selected a mixture of what reflected me, namely my initial and also the zodiac sign and birthstone of people who mean the world to me. A personal mixture of self-empowerment & holding close what means most.
The sterling silver charm necklace arrived in an attractive presentation box with tissue paper inside – I was thrilled to unwrap my necklace & chosen charms. Helpfully Hersey & Son provided care instructions and a complimentary cleaning cloth to help keep my necklace looking lovely for longer.
As soon as my necklace was on, I felt connected to it. I guess that’s naturally what happens when you own jewellery with meaning attached to it. It’s such a versatile necklace and fits with a large array of outfits. Plus I find it’s perfectly suitable for daily wear as well as night’s out.
With a variety of charms, I can customise the necklace whenever I want. So I can remove charms just to have a one-charm necklace or mix & match as I see fit. Which ultimately makes it highly wearable for a number of occasions.
Why Hersey & Son?
Started in 1971 this family business is one of the few remaining Silversmiths in the UK today. Crafted using traditional techniques which have been passed down from father to son over the last few decades, and as members of the National Association of Jewellers, you can have confidence in your purchase. Hersey & Son pieces are hallmarked by the London Assay Office, come with a 100% guaranteed replacement service and are delivered free to your door!
In my personal opinion, Hersey & Son’s collaboration with a talented jewellery designer has worked really well creating elegant & sophisticated charms.
Who would I recommend these charm necklaces to?
Well, my daughter has certainly got her eyes on my necklace. Thankfully they offer a child-size chain so I wouldn’t need to make my daughter wait too long for one of her own. I have received positive comments from friends in all age brackets, so they do hold multi-generational appeal.
With Christmas on the horizon, not only do they make thoughtful & love-filled Christmas gifts, but they’re also a fantastic idea for somebody celebrating a birthday close to or just after Christmas – aren’t they often the most tricky birthdays to buy for, but what a fantastic extra-special gift to give.
Good to Know: Sign up to the Hersey & Son Newsletter to receive 10% off your first purchase.
Be it a naming day or any right of passage, a new addition or someone off on their travels who you want to hold close, you can easily create a necklace for it.
Whether you’re treating someone else or building something very personal of your own, these beautiful charm necklaces are ideal for anyone who wants more than just a necklace. Ultimately, they’re a must for anyone who wants their jewellery with meaning.
*This post & giveaway is a promotion in association with Hersey & Son Silversmiths. I was gifted my charm necklace in exchange for this post. All views on the necklace I received are my own. Affiliate links are contained within this post. Find out more here.
Giveaway time – create your own jewellery with meaning!
To celebrate the launch of their new Zodiac collection, Hersey & Son are kindly offering one lucky Living.Pretty.Happy reader the chance to create their own charm necklace, complete with a Zodiac, initial & birthstone charm of your choice.
3 simple ways for you to enter:
– This giveaway has now closed –
– Instagram –
- Follow @livingprettyhappy and @herseyandsonsilversmiths
- Like & comment on the giveaway post telling us 1 charm you would choose and why.
– Twitter –
– Facebook –
- Visit the Living.Pretty.Happy homepage and like the competition post.
- If you’d like to give the Living.Pretty.Happy and/or Hersey & Son page a like or follow please do! It’s not mandatory, but you will make our day!
- Also, feel free to share the competition post! Again it’s not mandatory but a great way to share the love with your FB friends & family!
One entry per platform per person is allowed.
If you enter on all 3 platforms, you’re in with 3 chances of winning!
Entry closes at 6PM (UK) Thursday 10th October
One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries received.
For full terms and conditions see below and good luck!
Giveaway – Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except for anyone connected with livingprettyhappy.com.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person per social platform. A maximum of 3 entries (that meet the acceptance criteria) will be accepted per person (maximum 1 entry on Twitter, maximum 1 entry on Facebook, maximum 1 entry on Instagram) anyone attempting to enter multiple times on the same social platform will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 6PM (UK) Thursday 10th October 2019. After this date & time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: For Twitter entry, follow @liveprettyhappy, like and Retweet the competition tweet. For Facebook entry, like the competition post. For Instagram entry, follow @livingprettyhappy & @herseyandsonsilversmiths, like & comment on the competition post telling us 1 charm you would choose & why. (See links above)
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts on the same social platform to enter will be ineligible.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: 1 x Hersey & Son charm necklace with a zodiac, initial & birthstone charm – subject to availability.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over
- The winner will be solely responsible for any additional costs or expenses incurred.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com cannot be held responsible for any cancellation, substitutions or delays
- One winner will be chosen at random from all entries received.
- The winner will be notified via DM on the social platform on which they entered – within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Hersey & Son via KellyFarey Marketing will send the prize to an address requested by the winner, within the UK only. The address will need to be disclosed to Hersey & Son/KellyFarey Marketing.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name (or handle) in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by contacting email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to www.livingprettyhappy.com and not to any other party.
- People who already follow @liveprettyhappy on Twitter, @livingprettyhappy on Facebook and @livingprettyhappy & @herseyandsonsilversmiths on Instagram are still eligible to enter but must complete the other entry requirements – as outlined above – in order for their entry to be accepted.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.