This article (& giveaway) is a promotion in association with OYL’E Aromatherapy Jewellery. *Affiliate links are contained within for more details click here.
I’ve long been aware of aromatherapy – the use of scents to alter our moods. Sounds pretty standard right? Actually, it’s anything but standard. Aromatherapy is an often under-valued & under-utilised tool in our well-being armour.
Thankfully the fields of science & medicine are starting to give aromatherapy – and its positive psychological benefits – the recognition it deserves.
And delightfully the enlightened people at OYL’E have designed a beautiful & clever way for us to benefit from aromatherapy on-the-go through their stunning aromatherapy jewellery pieces.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s take a moment to learn…
How aromatherapy works
For nearly 6,000 years essential oils have been used with the aim of improving mood and/or physical health. Apart from smelling really nice, the oils stimulate the olfactory system (our sense of smell) which unleashes many positive mental benefits.
Through inhalation, little molecules travel from our noses all the way to our lungs. And from there, amongst other places, they reach our brains and affect the limbic system, which is basically linked to our emotions, our blood pressure, memory, stress levels, hormonal balance. So through the right use of essential oils, aromatherapy will have a subtle yet holistic effect on our bodies and minds.
Sounds pretty good right?
Yes, it is! All that from allowing your senses access to something that smells particularly nice! We should now all sit at home, diffuse our chosen oil and relax away – great! Which is all highly recommended – but personally for me, the time I could do with the benefits of aromatherapy the most are when I’m actually out living my life, and well – being exposed to stress or anxiety or low energy. Can’t really pop out a mist diffuser whilst negotiating a stressful weekly shop in Tesco’s now can I?
Just because I’m out and about, doesn’t mean I need the well-being benefits of aromatherapy any less – in fact, I need it more.
A beautiful solution – OYL’E Aromatherapy Jewellery*
Which is why I’m captivated with OYL’E – they’ve created a highly attractive and discreet way to truly harness holistic living – right when you need it most.
They offer a stunning range of necklaces and bracelets, available in either silver or rose gold. Made from 925 Sterling Silver, each piece has an adjustable chain, allowing them to fit any wearer perfectly.
On their own, they are stylish and luxurious, but they also offer far more.
How does OYL’E Aromatherapy Jewellery* work?
The orb style nature of each pendant is a vessel to carry a 100% pure wool bead. These washable beads can be infused with your choice of high quality 100% pure and non-adulterated essential oil or blend (more on that in a moment.)
The vents on the pendants are designed to slowly diffuse their chosen aroma to the wearer throughout the day – delivering you all the therapeutic and uplifting benefits aromatherapy has to offer!
Essential oils for healing, boosting & calming
OYL’E have created a range of essential OYL’s to help promote feelings of wellness throughout the day. As I’ve mentioned before, the oils are 100% pure and non-adulterated. They’re also sustainably sourced, many of the ingredients can be traced back to their originating climates.
Why is this good? It means you’ll benefit more fully from the attributes of your chosen oil. Plus, OYL’E is a member of and certified by the International Alliance of Holistic Therapists – so they know what they’re talking about!
I was most attracted to MOOD* (Lemon, scotch pine, rosemary & lime) which helps to energise especially when you’re feeling tired or stressed. But for more anxiety relieving properties why not choose HUSH* (Lavender, bergamot, rosewood & vetiver) to aid you in calming down & unwinding. Or you might just want to use the beautiful sensual scent of their ROSÁ* blend as a natural alternative to more synthetic perfumes.
Good to know: If you’d like to apply an essential OYL directly to your skin, you absolutely can! But you must combine with one of OYL’E’s carrier oils* such as coconut or jojoba. I recommend this for their DUSK sleep well blend, which if applied & inhaled one hour before bed can help to aid a restful night’s sleep.
Your hidden secret
I’m naturally drawn to the attractiveness of OYL’E aromatherapy jewellery, which you can wear without diffusing. But what I find most irresistible is the little hidden secret of support it offers and the wonderful aromatherapy benefits it discreetly unlocks.
If you’d like to embrace the secret and naturally unlock moments of increased well-being throughout your day then head to OYL’E London to find out more.*
Living.Pretty.Happy readers can take advantage of an exclusive discount code. Simply enter LPH20 at the checkout to receive 20% off** your order.
**20% off code applies to jewellery only
Here’s your chance to *WIN* an OYL’E Silver necklace & your choice of essential OYL!
OYL’E & Living.Pretty.Happy have teamed up to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a stunning OYL’E Silver necklace plus you’ll also get to pick your favourite essential OYL blend as part of the prize!
3 simple ways for you to enter:
– Instagram –
- Follow @livingprettyhappy and @oylelondon
- Like & comment on the giveaway post telling us which OYL’E essential oil blend you would choose.
– Twitter –
– Facebook –
- Visit the Living.Pretty.Happy homepage and like the competition post.
- If you’d like to give the Living.Pretty.Happy and/or OYL’E London a like or follow please do! It’s not mandatory, but you will make our day!
- Also, feel free to share the competition post! Again it’s not mandatory but a great way to share the love with your FB friends & family!
One entry per platform per person is allowed.
If you enter on all 3 platforms, you’re in with 3 chances of winning!
Entry closes at 6PM (UK) Wednesday 24th April
One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries received.
For full terms and conditions see below and good luck!
Giveaway – Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except for anyone connected with livingprettyhappy.com.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person per social platform. A maximum of 3 entries (that meet the acceptance criteria) will be accepted per person (maximum 1 entry on Twitter, maximum 1 entry on Facebook, maximum 1 entry on Instagram) anyone attempting to enter multiple times on the same social platform will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 6PM (UK) Wednesday 24th February 2019. After this date & time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: For Twitter entry, follow @liveprettyhappy, like and Retweet the competition tweet. For Facebook entry, like the competition post. For Instagram entry, follow @livingprettyhappy & @oylelondon, like & comment on the competition post telling us what OYL’E essential oil blend you would choose. (See links above)
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts on the same social platform to enter will be ineligible.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: 1 x OYL’E Pendant Necklace SILVER & 1 x OYL’E essential oil blend (winner’s choice of oil, dependent on stock availability)
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over
- The winner will be solely responsible for any additional costs or expenses incurred.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com cannot be held responsible for any cancellation, substitutions or delays
- One winner will be chosen at random from all entries received.
- The winner will be notified via DM on the social platform on which they entered – within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- OYL’E London will send the prize to an address requested by the winner, within the UK only. The address will need to be disclosed to OYL’E London.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name (or handle) in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by contacting email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to www.livingprettyhappy.com and not to any other party.
- People who already follow @liveprettyhappy on Twitter, @livingprettyhappy on Facebook and @livingprettyhappy & @oylelondon on Instagram are still eligible to enter but must complete the other entry requirements – as outlined above – in order for their entry to be accepted.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- www.livingprettyhappy.com also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.